Travelling with a baby or toddler is great fun but not without its challenges. Families moving to or visiting Australia with young children will be wondering what baby formula is sold in Aus, which nappy brands are available and how easy it is to breastfeed in public down under. At Mum’s gone 2 Aus we’ve addressed these questions and much more. Here is our round-up of everything you need to know when travelling to Australia with a baby or toddler.
Moving to or visiting Australia with a baby or toddler – everything you need to know
|Buying disposable nappies in Australia – best brands and what you should pay.||Breastfeeding in Australia – attitude on feeding in public and useful products and services available in Aus.||Baby formula in Australia – brands sold, where to buy and cost.||Baby food on sale in Australia – brands, cans, jars, squeezies and pouches; your baby won’t go hungry!||Buying cloth nappies in Australia – the basics, the brands and the cost.|
|Renting baby equipment in Australia – prams, cots and car seats, why buy when you can rent?||Flying to or from Australia with a baby – what baby formula and food to pack and tips on keeping baby occupied on the plane.||Flying long haul with children: coping with jet lag – tips for your first days in a new time zone.||Strollers in airports – if you’re not travelling with a stroller or pushchair speak to your airline about borrowing one.|
|Car seat rules in Australia – make sure your little ones are travelling safely.||Baby bottles and teats sold in Australia – make sure your baby can stay on the same bottle or get ready for a change.||Early Childhood Health Centres and where to go for baby’s regular health checks.||Meeting other mums – playgrounds, playgroups and local events.|
|Australian 24 hour pregnancy, birth and baby helpline – put this number in speed-dial just in case…||Family Assistance in Australia – are you eligible? We’ve also written about paid parental leave here.||Childhood immunisations in Australia – add your child to the Australian immunisation register and keep their immunisations up to date.||Top ten tips for surviving the sand – the children love it but mums tire of washing sand out of everything!|
|Australian life readiness test – what to do in an emergency, public holidays and more.||Books to help with family safety in Australia – how to recognise dangerous creatures and teaching your children to swim.||Five favourite Australian books for preschoolers – helps you all get in the mood for your move or visit to Australia.|
Follow Mum and receive regular updates…
To read more essential information to help with your family relocation or visit to Australia you can;
- Join the Mum’s gone 2 Aus Facebook Page
- Follow Mum on Twitter: @shusselmann
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
We also provide essential ebooks to help with your move;
- A Smooth Switch to Australian Schooling – Understand the impact of your move on your child’s education – term dates, school year groups, critical transition years, critical study years and much more. Our ebooks save you time and encourage informed decision making.
- Choosing Schools and Suburbs in Australia – A process orientated action plan that supports your Australian school, suburb and home search. Understand what you want out of your home in Australia and create a shortlist of potential suburbs and schools. Includes essential tools and advice on how to research and identify the best schools and suburbs, wherever you’re moving to in Australia.