Family Mum’s gone 2 Aus moved from London to Sydney in January 2010, we’ve published a number of essential articles for families relocating to Sydney. If you’re moving to, visiting, or just interested in family life in Sydney, you’ll find everything you need in the articles below.
Family relocation to Sydney – tips, advice and things to do
|We arrived in Sydney in January 2010 and quickly shared our first impressions;||In Where to live in Sydney: the best Sydney suburbs for families we got the ball rolling by listing nine of the suburbs we looked at. Over 30 comments from readers tell you about other suburbs to consider.||In our Love where you live competition we received comments from more Sydneysiders who explain why they love where they live…plenty more food for thought if you’re deciding where to live in Sydney.||Check out our Sydney vs Melbourne fast facts – it’s common to compare two of Australia’s best known cities.|
|Public transport in Sydney – for commuters and kids – use our guide to help you get about Sydney and decide where to live.||Renting property in Australia – our top tips are invaluable if you’re looking for a new home in Sydney.||Seven of the best Sydney activities for families – beaches, parks and aquatic centres.|
|Australia’s outstanding performance in a global liveability study – Sydney is in the top ten!||Public BBQs are a way of life in Australia – you’ll use plenty in Sydney.||Top ten things to do in Sydney with visitors – iconic sights, ferry rides and other attractions.|
|It’s a reality of life in Australia that you may find spiders and other creepy crawlies in your Sydney home – we explain how to deal with them.||Sydney loves a festival! There is always something to do in Sydney…||The City 2 Surf is an annual running event in Sydney and the largest race in the world. Will you make it part of your life in Sydney? It’s great fun doing the City 2 Surf as a family too.|
|Babies Proms is an annual event at the Sydney Opera House – great musical and theatre fun for the whole family, whether you’re moving to Sydney or visiting on holiday.||Beach lifestyle is big in Sydney and you might need some tips on surviving the sand…||Sea and sun safety are always taken seriously in Sydney;|
Follow Mum and receive regular updates…
To read more essential information to help with your family relocation or visit to Australia you can;
- Join the Mum’s gone 2 Aus Facebook Page
- Follow Mum on Twitter: @shusselmann
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
We also provide essential ebooks to help with your move;
- A Smooth Switch to Australian Schooling – Understand the impact of your move on your child’s education – term dates, school year groups, critical transition years, critical study years and much more. Our ebooks save you time and encourage informed decision making.
- Choosing Schools and Suburbs in Australia – A process orientated action plan that supports your Australian school, suburb and home search. Understand what you want out of your home in Australia and create a shortlist of potential suburbs and schools. Includes essential tools and advice on how to research and identify the best schools and suburbs, wherever you’re moving to in Australia.